New Hat!

I finished my new hat on my commute home yesterday (hooray for public transportation). The pattern was adapted from a pattern in the Fall/Winter 2005 issue of Knit.1 Magazine and I used Lion Brand Homespun Colonial yarn. Rather than use a circular needle this time I used double pointed needles, which made this project so much easier than it’s predecessor (the same hat made on circular needles in a different color) and I’m happier overall with the finished project.


If you look towards the top of the hat you can see that the ribs jog over instead of continuing in a straight line. I made the first hat using circular needles that were small, but apparently too big for that particular project, which made knitting hard since the stitches would get all tight and the needles’ cord would bend in weird ways. I spent so much time and energy just trying to get one stitch from one needle over to the next that I must’ve lost count when I decreased, which caused the rib lag. Not this time though!

Here’s the new hat:


As you can see the ribs don’t jog this time. We’ll see if that’s still true once I’ve worn it and stretched it out a bit, but judging by what it looks like now and what the old hat looked like when I finished it, I don’t think that will change.

Here are a few more shots of the new hat. Of course, today it’s 42 degrees, so I don’t really need to wear a hat, but temps are supposed to dip again this weekend and while I’m not looking forward to that. I am looking forward to wearing my new hat!



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *