It seems like there’s always so much to do and I’m easily distracted, so every year I set goals for myself to make sure I’m getting things done and growing as a person, be it in big or small ways.
Here are my goals for 2016:
- Blog once a month
Knit or crochet one item
- Finish cross-stitching the Ian pillow
- Complete 2 sewing projects
- Complete 6 assignments out of The Photographer’s Playbook, edited by Jason Fulford and Gregory Halpern
Practice bassor keyboard at least once a week
- Finish zine/novel project
Read 60 books Find doctor and dentist and schedule check-ups
- Take Ian and Harlow in to get teeth cleaned
Start saving money for a house
- Tend garden at least once a week during gardening season
Start seeds indoors in March Keep my Tillandsia plant, pictured above, alive and flowering.*
- Call my grandmother at least once a month
- Send close out of town friends snail mail or e-mails at least once a month.
- Continue gaming with friends regularly (at least twice a month).
Run a 5k
- Lift 50lbs – overhead press and bench press
- Bring mile time down to 10m30s
- Go to gym twice a week
- May-October – bike to work at least twice a week.
This year Nick and I also decided to set a few goals to accomplish together:
- Try one new recipe from one of our many cookbooks once a month
- Deep clean once a month
- Take 2-3 trips
- Complete 2 projects
- Take a class together
- Spend at least one of our nights together without the TV**
* I killed the first one I had
**This typically isn’t a problem during the summer, but we become couch potatoes during the winter
Edit: Goals stricken through were completed, woohoo!